The Legislature is back in full swing with just a few weeks to go in the 2019 session. Appropriations committee hearings and floor action is where most of the focus is this week.
Monthly Archives: August 2019
Appropriations committees are hearing dozens of bills as the session wraps up. Some of the housing-related highlights this week:
- AB 1482 (Chiu) – Rent cap and just cause protections for tenants
- AB 1484 (Grayson) – Limits on local fees for housing developments
- SB 5 (Beall) – Alternative to Redevelopment
- SB 592 (Wiener) – Housing Accountability Act cleanup
For a complete list of housing bills coming up this week, go here.
A number of housing-related bills are eligible this week on the floor, though they may be taken up at anytime over the next few weeks. Some of the highlights include:
- SB 222 (Hill) – Voucher protection for veterans
- SB 744 (Caballero) – CEQA streamlining and by right approval for certain supportive housing projects
- AB 1110 (Friedman) – Longer notice to tenants of rent increases
- AB 1399 (Bloom) – Ellis Act Reforms
For a complete list of housing bills pending on the Senate and Assembly floors, go here.
Wednesday – Joint Hearing: Accountability And Administrative Review & Health Committees
- Informational Hearing: Mental Health Services Act (Prop 63) Funds: Oversight And Accountability
Tuesday – Sen. Governmental Organization @ 9:30a • Room 4203
Informational Hearing: Utilization of Excess State Land for Affordable Housing