May 5, 2019
Assembly Third Reading
- AB 723 (Wicks) – Provides a property tax reduction In Alameda and Contra Costa counties for 30% AMI housing.
- AB 756 (Cristina Garcia) – Monitoring for perfluoroalkyl in drinking water.
- AB 881 (Bloom) – Revises ADU law.
- AB 670 (Friedman) – Prohibits CIDs from banning ADUs.
- AB 292 (Quirk) – Updates the definition of potable reuse of recycled water.
- AB 330 (Gabriel) – Appointed legal counsel in civil cases
- AB 1795 (Kamlager-Dove) – Provides further restrictions to access of names of tenants sued for eviction in an Ellis Act case.
- AB 1697 (Grayson) – Requires just cause for eviction.
- AB 1515 (Friedman) – Prohibits challenges to a project under CEQA based on non-compliant community plan.
- AB 1399 (Bloom) – Clarifies withdrawal dates and landlord liability under the Ellis Act.
- AB 1481 (Bonta) – Requires just cause to evict a tenant.
- AB 1485 (Wicks) – Extends SB 35 streamlining with affordability restrictions if above-mod RHNA not met.
- AB 1060 (Gray) – Mandates attorney license surcharge for legal services programs.
- AB 1106 (Smith) – Extends LA County requirement to mail change of ownership documents to affected residents, including tenants.
- AB 1110 (Friedman) – Requires longer notice of rent increases.
- AB 1118 (Blanca Rubio) – Housing element guidelines revision.
- AB 1188 (Gabriel) – Allows tenants to take in a person who is homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Assembly Second Reading
- AB 1730 (Gonzalez) – Alters RHNA and housing element procedures for the San Diego COG.
- AB 1731 (Boerner Horvath) – Limits short term rentals in San Diego county.
- AB 1252 (Robert Rivas) – Advance payments under the Environmental Justice Small Grant Program.
- AB 1304 (Waldron) – Allows water districts to enter into supply contracts with Native American tribes.
- AB 653 (Bloom) – Authorizes lease of West LA armory to LA County.
- AB 295 (Daly) – Community development investment reporting.
- AB 1763 (Chiu) – Requires increased density and incentives for 100% affordable developments.
- AB 1745 (Kalra) – Extends time for San José to find permanent housing for emergency bridge housing residents.
- AB 143 (Quirk-Silva) – Adds Alameda and Orange Counties to the jurisdictions with special rules for homeless shelter construction.
Senate Third Reading
- SB 644 (Glazer) – Reduces security deposits for military households.
- SB 450 (Umberg) – Provides CEQA exemption for supportive housing conversions of motels and hotels.
- SB 222 (Hill) – Military personnel and veteran status discrimination regarding CalFEHA.
- SB 234 (Skinner) – Prohibits residential leases from prohibiting family day care centers.
- SB 326 (Hill) – Requires common interest development boards to have balconies inspected.
- SB 751 (Rubio) – Authorizes the creation of the San Gabriel Valley Regional Housing Trust JPA.
- SB 652 (Allen) – Prohibits banning religious displays on external doorways.
- SB 479 (Atkins) – Requires better disclosure of fixed-term lease termination procedures.