Some of the highlights for this week. Full calendar is here.
Monday– Sen. Human Services @ 3 p.m., Rose Ann Vuich Hearing Room (2040)
- AB 728 (Santiago) – Expands goals and duties of homeless adult and family multidisciplinary personnel teams.
- AB 531 (Friedman) – Enhances housing placement procedures for foster youth.
- AB 307 (Reyes) – Creates a grant program for homeless youth.
- AB 1702 (Luz Rivas) – Increases staff for the Homeless Coordinating and Financing Council.
Monday– Asm. Natural Resources @ 2:30 p.m., State Capitol, Room 447
- SB 621 (Glazer) – Generally requires CEQA suits against affordable housing to be resolved in 270 days.
Monday– Sen. Appropriations @ 10:30 a.m., John L. Burton Hearing Room (4203)
- AB 761 (Nazarian) – Allows the Adjutant General to make available any armory for use as a homeless shelter.
- AB 1497 (Holden) – Requires hosting platforms to follow state fair housing laws.
Monday– Asm. Revenue and Taxation @ 2:30 p.m., State Capitol, Room 126
- SB 521 (Portantino) – Creates a tax credit for renting to voucher holders.
- SB 248 (Glazer) – Increases the renters tax credit.
- SB 196 (Beall) – Extends the welfare tax exemption to community land trusts.
Tuesday– Asm. Judiciary @ 9 a.m., State Capitol, Room 437
- SB 638 (Allen) – Modifies tenant electric vehicle charging station insurance requirement.
- SB 329 (Mitchell) – Prohibits discrimination against voucher holders.
- SB 234 (Skinner) – Prohibits residential leases from prohibiting family day care centers.
- SB 18 (Skinner) – Makes permanent extended notice of termination requirements for tenants at foreclosed properties
Tuesday– Sen. Veterans Affairs @ 1:30 p.m., Rose Ann Vuich Hearing Room (2040)
- AB 694 (Irwin) – Places the $600M Veterans Housing and Homeless Prevention Bond Act on the November 2020 ballot.
- AB 653 (Bloom) – Authorizes lease of the West LA armory to LA County.
Wednesday– Sen. Banking and Financial Institutions, Upon adjournment of Insurance Committee, Room 112
- AB 539 (Limón) – Revises interest rate cap on predatory loans.
Wednesday– Sen. Governance and Finance @ 9:30 a.m., Room 112
- AB 1486 (Ting) – Makes comprehensive changes to statutes governing surplus land to facilitate the development of affordable housing.