February 19, 2019
A selection of newly introduced housing bills:
- AB 393 (Nazarian) – Spot bill for standards for quick building re-occupancy after an earthquake.
- AB 429 (Nazarian) – Spot bill for earthquake vulnerable buildings inventory.
- AB 446 (Choi) – Prohibit housing discrimination against domestic violence survivors.
- AB 492 (Nazarian) – Extend Senior/Disabled low-income rental and property tax assistance program to all low-income households.
- SB 519 (Voepel) – Repeal and recast requirements for mobilehome park owner to offer right of first refusal of sale to park residents.
- AB 587 (Friedman) – Allow an Accessory Dwelling Unit to be sold separately.
- AB 599 (Maienschein) – Define ‘workforce housing’ as low and moderate income.
- SB 248 (Glazer) – Increase renters’ tax credit.
- SB 274 (Dodd) – Park closure protections for mobilehome owners.
- SB 282 (Beall) – Create supportive housing for parolees program.
- SB 294 (Hill) – Decrease lower income occupancy percentage qualification for property tax welfare exemption.
- SB 329 (Mitchell) – Prohibit discrimination against Section 8 voucher holders.