The highlights on housing, according to the Committee’s summary:
The overall housing and homelessness package agreed upon by all three parties:
- $250 million in one time funds for planning grants to help local jurisdictions work through the Regional Housing Needs Assessment 6th Cycle.
- $500 million in one-time funds for housing-related infrastructure.
- $650 million in one-time funds to help local jurisdictions to combat homelessness.
- $500 million in one-time funds for a mixed-income loan program through CalHFA.
- $500 million in one-time funds to expand the state’s Low Income Housing Tax Credit program.
- Placeholder trailer bill language to implement these program.
For a complete list of actions on all actions taken by the Conference Committee, go here.